Subject Re: [IBO] Meaning of error message
Author slsolutions2002
Hello Hellen:

I have done all of the above and still had the problem. I then
installed everything on another system that had never had interbase
or firebird installed just to be sure I wasn't missing something.
Still had the same problem. When I asked Jason to explain further I
didn't mean I didn't understand what the wrong DLL meant, I simply
could not understand how one progran out of 40 would do this. Why
not all if I have the wrong version of GDS32.DLL ? In any case I
started to think about what was different in this program and found
this:

In my database I have a domain as follows:

CREATE DOMAIN dmTRUEFFALSE AS CHAR(1)
DEFAULT 'T'
NOT NULL
CHECK (VALUE IN('T','F'));

In my table I have a field as follows:

Posted dmTRUEFALSE

In my applications TIB_DATASOURCE.ONSTATECHANGED event I have the
follows code:
Var b : Boolean;
b := MYQuery.FieldByName('Posted').AsBoolean;

This causes the error. I can insert this statement in the FORMSHOW
event, or any other event, but not in the ONSTATECHANGED event. If I
do I get the error. Funny part is I can access any other type field
(Integer, Nmeric, Varchar, etc) in the ONSTATECHANGED event and don't
get the error, only on the boolean field.

Can someone else try this to see if they get the same error?

Thanks

-- In IBObjects@y..., "Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)" <helebor@d...> wrote:
> At 07:47 PM 01-03-02 +0000, you wrote:
> >Hello Jason:
> >
> >I am unsure what you mean. I have changed nothing. The menu also
> >calls 40 or so other forms that open queries and they al work fine.
> >Checking further I fine that the problem occurs when I prepare and
> >unprepare the query. In my formshow:
> >
> >With MyQuery Do
> >Begin
> > If not prepared then prepare;
> > Open;
> >End;
> >
> >In my formclose:
> >With MyQuery Do
> >Begin
> > Close;
> > Unprepare;
> >End;
> >
> >I I simply leave out the unprepare in the close all works fine, but
> >obviously thewre is a problem.
> >
> >Come to think of it I did upgrade from Interbase6 to Firebird .094
> >about 1 week ago but like I said, all other programs work fine.
>
> Two factors here:
>
> 1. You have downloaded a very old beta version of Firebird. Get
RC2 but
> pick the Luis Forra "unofficial" kit because it is more complete
than the
> official one. (Go to the IBPhoenix site to get access to the
unofficial kit).

> 2. You have the wrong client program (gds32.dll). Make sure that
the
> version number on the client and server programs match. (Before
> installation, rename the existing gds32.dll that is in your Windows
system
> directory and perform a complete uninstall of old InterBase and
Firebird