Subject Re: [IBO] Ordering links and Indexes
Author Lele Gaifax

HB> At 01:21 PM 22-02-02 +0100, you wrote:
>> Hi, when I set Ordering links (ASC and DESC) to some columns of
>> the query, is it recommended to create both ASC and DESC
>> indexes for those columns in the table or only ASC is
>> sufficient?

HB> Selecting the DESC attribute for your OrderingLink presumes
HB> that you have a DESCENDING index on the column.

Well, it may be an advantage if an index exists, but surely works well
if it doesn't too. It does relay on the server ability to perform the
sort, adding a ORDER BY clause to the sql. The server may use such
index if it exist, but otherwise it will perform the job itself.

ciao, lele.

--
nickname: Lele Gaifax | Quando vivro' di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas | comincero' ad aver paura di chi mi copia.