Subject Re: [IBO] Closing Dataset starts the Transaction
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 08:18 AM 15-02-02 +1100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
> (BCB4, IBO4.2fd, Firebird Beta 2)
>
> I have an interesting problem where closing the dataset starts the
>transaction. Not only this but the dataset is also ReadOnly. The dataset is
>closed in the OnChanging Event of the PageControl.

> There is no Key/Master Source links on this dataset (dsCategoryItem)
>but it is the Master in another relationship.
>
> qrProductList

> KeySource: dsProduct
> KeyLinks: MBPRODUCTITEM.PKEY=MBPRODUCT.PRODUCTKEY

These two properties are used on a lookup dataset, to link it to a parent dataset that is polling it for lookup values. Take them out and replace Keylinks with its normal use, which is to list the field or fields which make a dataset row unique.

> MasterSource: dsCategoryItem
> MasterLinks: MBPRODUCTITEM.CKEY=MBCATEGORYITEM.CKEY

MasterSource and MasterLinks are use on the detail dataset of a Master-detail relationship, not on the master.

Even if qrProductList were the child record in either of these relationships, it can't be a child in BOTH relationships.

> If I remove dsCategoryItem as a MasterSource on this dataset, then the
>closing of dsCategoryItem does not start the transaction.

The whole setup looks very confused.

Which dataset is the master? which is the detail?

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at www.ibobjects.com