Subject Re: [IBO] Using parameters in a trigger
Author Daniel Rail
At 14/02/2002 05:58 PM, you wrote:
>Hello:
>
>I tried your suggestion of new. and it works fine. I guess I don't
>understand why new.jobno is valid yet jobno gives me an "unknown
>column" error but since it works I guess I won't complain.

You can only access a field in an AFTER INSERT via "NEW." and in an AFTER
UPDATE via "NEW." or "OLD.". This is to make a distinction between the old
value and the new value. Probably the reason why in the AFTER INSERT it is
that way is probably, because the pre-compiler utilize the same code for
all triggers instead of making it more complicated and also, it forces you
to have the same convention for all triggers.

Just my 2 cents.

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer
ACCRA Group Inc. (www.accra.ca)