Subject Re: R: [IBO] Bug when TIBO*->PessimisticLocking is set
Author mmenaz
--- In IBObjects@y..., Enrico Raviglione <e.raviglione@i...> wrote:
> Oops... this behaviour are due to make the Lock on the Edited record?

Exactly! The lock is not a "native" concept of IB, that relies upon transaction and versioning. So to achieve a lock, IBO automatically performs a "dummy update" (something like update mytable set mycol=mycol). But this way the update triggers are fired (something to be considered in some situation).
Regards
Marco Menardi

(btw, visit http://www.cvalde.com/ and read his tech info, very interesting)