Subject Re: [IBO] LookupCombo in Grid problem
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 05:58 PM 05-02-02 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I've tried to find the answer in the FAQ and the archives, but couldn't.
>
>I've set up the lookup dataset and combo-in-grid according to the GSG.
>It basically works. However, my grid's dataset itself has a
>MasterSource. When the MasterSource changes, causing the grid to display
>different rows, the combo-in-grid shows the new data only if it does not
>have the focus. If it's focused and displaying the arrow, it shows no
>data any longer because the lookup dataset doesn't seem to follow its
>keysource any more.
>
>Any ideas?

Tobias,
Have you set up KeyDescLinks between the lookup dataset and the subselected text-display column of the parent dataset?

i.e.
the Keylinks link the primary key of the lookup set with the nominated Keysource
viz.
LKP_KEY=PARENT.POLLING_KEY

the KeyDescLinks link the description in the lookup set with the subselected display column, let's say it was subselected "AS X_DESCRIPTION" viz.
LKP_DESCRIPTION=PARENT.X_DESCRIPTION

Otherwise,,,,
generally, you will see a blank if there is not a key value in the lookup dataset that matches the polling key in the parent. Related possibility - the keys not matching for case?

Keylinks relationships don't work if the lookup dataset uses the same query object as the detail dataset.

If there's no solution here, best you post the SQL for the parent and the lookup sets and shows us the KeyLinks and KeyDescLinks settings you have.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at www.ibobjects.com