Subject Re: [IBO] Problem with transactions
Author slsolutions2002
Have discovered problem but don't know why this happens.

The table was created with:
Create Table Test(
TheKey Integer Not Null,
Name Varchar(30);
Commit;

This is a temporary table that I want to empty then fill with names.
To accomplish this I have a TIB_SCRIPT (scrTest) in the program with
the following SQL:

Delete From Test;

After executing the script I assumed the table was empty. However it
always has 1 record.

To elliminate the possibility of some other interaction I created a
new application. On the form I drop a query,transaction, and a
connection. In the forms onshow routine i open the query. in the
onclose routine i close the query. In the query i add sql SELECT *
FROM TEST. I then add 2 buttons. Button1 is:

var i : integer;
begin
for i := 1 to 3
with qrtest do
begin
insert;
fieldbyname('thekey').value := loop;
post;
end;
button1.caption := inttostr(qrtest.recordcount);
end;

Button2 is:
scrTest.Execute;
button2.caption := inttostr(qrtest.recordcount);

This is what happens. I press button1, the caption changes to 3
which is correct. I press button2, the caption changes to 1 which is
incorrect. For some reason 1 record is not being deleted.