Subject FTS: ibo42.n
Author John Tomaselli
Hi Jason,
Just getting around to testing your FTS components and I'm having a problem.
Having followed your example in the FTS help file I have indexed the
Directions field (BLOB SUB_TYPE 1 SEGMENT SIZE 80) in my org table. My
initial results were quite promising as all data searched extremely fast.
It's when I modify the Directions field that things seem to go south. The
help files indicates that I should see the changes on the 'Sync Events Log'
tab. I check the Listen for Events, open IB_SQL modify the field and wait
for a message. Nothing shows. I then Press a combo of Resync Index or Clean
and Resync Index and then conduct a search of the data added since the
Creation of the FTS index. Sometimes the data shows, but mostly it doesn't.
If I drop metadata and rebuild the index from scratch everything shows. Any
idea's as to what I might be doing wrong?
TIA
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Wharton [mailto:jwharton@...]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 3:42 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Lobbyist sample app

I put the Lobbyist sample application and a database available for download
for registered users of IBO.

It is in a new folder called Extras. There are three zip files. One for the
source of the app, one for a zipped GBK of a live populated database (all
info is public record) and the source to a web application used for
searching the data (no FTS in this one). This should serve as a fairly good
representation of how I do applications. Not a lot of sizzle, but very easy
and simple to work with.

Regards,
Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ