Subject Re: FOR SELECT in SP's
Author Marco Menardi
You are using the wrong component.
TIB_DSQL is for executable statements (like update...), or for a SP
that returns only one row, but since you are using "FOR SELECT" this
is not the case.
Anyway, if the SP is made to return only one row, use the code like this:
with dsqlCustomerInfo do
begin
if not Prepared then Prepare;
ParamByName('IN_CUSTOMER_ID').AsString := ACustomerID;
Execute;
ADescrizioneDisp := FieldByName('DESCRIZIONEDISP').AsString;

For you, I suggest the use of IB_Cursor, that is an unbuffered, low
resource, light component.
Use code like this:
if not trsParametri.Started then
trsParametri.Started := True;
crsParamPgm.APIFirst;
ADescrizioneDisp := FieldByName('DESCRIZIONEDISP').AsString;
crsParamPgm.Close;
trsParametri.Commit;

as you can see, you don't use Open, but APIFIrst, that is equivalent
of First but, when no visual controls are involved, much more efficient.

btw, I'm sure FB Workbench handles the SP correctly probably because
they "run" it with a Query-like component.

regards
Marco Menardi