Subject Re: [IBO] Re: PessimisticLook and only one dummy update for dataset: bug?
Author Jason Wharton
How you tell for sure is look at the statement handle of the item being
prepared and the one being executed. If they are the same then you know
which statement is being executed.

Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com

-- We may not have it all together --
-- But together we have it all --

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marco Menardi" <mmenaz@...>
To: <IBObjects@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 1:28 PM
Subject: [IBO] Re: PessimisticLook and only one dummy update for dataset:
bug?

> Whel, maybe I'm blind... I've not noticed that was only the "prepare"
statement, but I can't, in the SQLMonitor, see the actual second SQL, so...
> Well, after the first prepare, at each edit SQLMonitor tells:
> /*---
> EXECUTE STATEMENT
> TR_HANDLE = 13916292
> STMT_HANDLE = 13911088
> PARAMS = [ Version 1 SQLd 1 SQLn 1
> CONTACT.ID[ID] = 1004 ]
>
> SELECT COUNT: 1
> UPDATE COUNT: 1
> -----
> a) is this the "dummy update lock" one? How can you tell this? (I really
think so, but how be sure using the SQLMonitor?)
> b) if I close the query, it goes in dssSearch, and the LockSQL statement
is NOT unprepared (and if I then go to a record again and edit, not prepare
statement is issued). Just curiosity, are you sure that sooner or later the
statement is unprepared (and server resourced free)? If, instead of pressing
the "query close" button, I go directly in search mode with the apropriate
IB_SearchBar button, when I press "first" the query of the dataset is
prepared again, but the lock one is not when I go to edit state again... is
it normal?
> Sorry for this sort of questions, but your answers help me a lot
understand the "inner" of ibo and interbase.