Subject [IBO] Re: More Scroll Questions... (More Info)
Author Eric Handbury
--- In IBObjects@y..., Raymond Kennington <progsol@c...> wrote:
> Eric Handbury wrote:
> >
> ...>
> > I can appreciate that you have knowledge about IBO that I will
> > never possess, but I have to ask... aren't the current Scroll
events
> > meant to do only what I ask? Why do we need a new event?
>
> Separation into different layers is part of a good OO design.
What's happenning in the
> visual/grid layer should remain separated from the dataset layer.
>
> (InfoPower's grid has an OnRowChanged() event on the grid, so it's
not a new concept.)

That's right, not only must the interface must be separated from
the implementation (which is not the case with IBO) but the
application should adhere to the MVC model where the Control of data
is separated from the View. However, as I told Geoff, this is a
problem which happens regardless of how the dataset is scrolled...
whether its from a grid, or a NavBar, or a Cancel, etc.
In fact, I have determined that I just can't use the Scroll events
at all for what I need to do. So I just have to keep all datasets
open for the duration of the user session as opposed to intelligently
open/closing them depending on where the user tramples on my form.
C'est la vie...