Subject Re: More Scroll Questions... (More Info)
Author Eric Handbury
--- In IBObjects@y..., "Jason Wharton" <jwharton@i...> wrote:
> Does this boil down to you wanting a distinction between an event
for the
> actual surety that a scroll is happening or just that it may happen?

In this instance, I want a before/after event which fires only on a
row change. That row change may be a result of a grid operation, or a
NavigatorBar operation, or an Insert that has been cancelled, etc.
But these are all 'real' row changes initiated by 'user' operations.
Overall, with all events, I would want a separation between what
IBO must do internally from its published interface.

> I'm confident there will not be any fundamental changes in this
part of IBO,
> but I would consider adding in a new event that had the behavior you
> desired.

I can appreciate that you have knowledge about IBO that I will
never possess, but I have to ask... aren't the current Scroll events
meant to do only what I ask? Why do we need a new event?