Subject Re: [IBO] AV in TIBOQuery and TIB_Query
Author Daniel Rail
At 04/10/2002 11:59 AM, you wrote:
>I wondered if there were more to the fix than that. I was hoping just that
>would be it.
>You could look at other changes in that file and see if they will also work.
>Use BeyondCompare to see them.

I have to admit, it's not an easy one for me, since it only occurs in
certain circumstances that probably not everybody uses.

I didn't find anything to point me in the right direction. The only thing
I found was that somehow the TIB_Row.PSQLDA.sqln value is bigger than the
number of items found in the TIB_Row.PSQLDA.sqlvar property. This seems to
be the reason why there's an AV error in TIB_Row.SysClearBuffers method
when the code is walking through the PSQLDA.sqlvar array, by using the
PSQLDA.sqln value as a counter(and I know that's how it's supposed to be,
since they are supposed to match). I tried using the Length function to
count the number of elements in PSQLDA.sqlvar and assign it to PSQLDA.sqln,
but no success.

If I would have the time to study in more detail the source code of IB
Objects, I would try to dig deeper, but unfortunately the time is not on my
side right now.

Have a nice day.

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer