Subject Re: [IBO] Re: Can't edit in grid after join
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 01:24 PM 30-01-02 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello:
>
>I have looked in the help files for both keylinks and keyrelation and
>don't understand how these can be used to allow me to edit a column
>in the grid. Can you be more specific. Thanks.

Correct KeyLinks are essential for the underlying tables to be found for updates and deletes and for the correct column info to go into an insert.

If you specifiy a KeyRelation table and set RequestLive true, then the user will be able to update columns that derived from that table. (In SQL you can't do a searched update on multiple tables in a single statement).

If you want to make all of the columns editable, you have to write stored procedures for each of the operations and use the InsertSQL, EditSQL and DeleteSQL properties to invoke the stored procedures. In that case, you don't assign a KeyRelation.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at www.ibobjects.com