Subject Re: [IBO] Problem with TIB_LOOKUPCOMBO
Author slsolutions2002
--- In IBObjects@y..., Geoff Worboys (TeamIBO) <geoff@t...> wrote:
> > However, if I type C, it moves to Canton, if I type Cl, IT DOES
NOT
> > move to Cleveland. It stays on Canton. If I type Cleveland, it
goes
> > to Canton (as though Cleveland is not in the list) However, if I
> > then press the Backspace key, it moves to Cleveland.
>
> Delphi version? IBO version? Operating System Version?
>
> What character set are you using in the database? That is; Is IB
> sorting the names in the same order as your operating system would
if
> the names were entered into a stringlist ??
>
> Short of that I cannot think of any reason why this should be
> happening. Are you able to setup a small demostration of the
problem
> and email it to me?
>
> --
> Geoff Worboys - TeamIBO
> Telesis Computing

I discovered what was causing the problem, I just can't understand
why it would happen. Problem was that somehow (through poor error
checking on my part I suspect) I allowed a blank city name to be
stored in the file. For whatever reason, this caused the lookup to
function incorrectly. As soon as I deleted the blank city, all
worked fine.