Subject RE: [IBO] IBO4 - OrderingLinks and POS
Author Michael L. Horne
Jason,

That sounds great, but if I don't use SearchingLinks and
SearchEdit, what do I use to position to the records that
the user wants to see?

Thanks
Michael L. Horne

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Wharton [mailto:jwharton@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 1:16 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] IBO4 - OrderingLinks and POS

> I must just be out of it today. Maybe I don't understand what
> you mean when you said:
>
> It is now possible to specify a base query which could
> output a dataset of more than 100K rows and, as a user
> navigates this large dataset, IBO automatically does
> the refinement necessary to pull in only those rows that
> are of interest.
>
> I assumed that I would use a SearchEdit or something to move
> around to the rows of interest rows. Could you maybe explain
> what should be happening and how it should happen.

No, what it does is work behind the scenes to coordinate regular dataset
operations. SearchingLinks and a TIB_SearchEdit are more likely to
compete/conflict with the new OrderingLinks capabilities. In short, the new
functionality gives the same performance benefits as SearchingLinks did,
just fully automated and abstracted.

Get rid of SearchingLinks if you are using the POS attribute in
OrderingLinks.

HTH,
Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ