Subject RE: [IBO] IBO4 - OrderingLinks and POS
Author Michael L. Horne
Jason,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately, you gave me the details of
what they are, I already understood that. What I need is how it
all ties together to do:

It is now possible to specify a base query which could
output a dataset of more than 100K rows and, as a user
navigates this large dataset, IBO automatically does
the refinement necessary to pull in only those rows that
are of interest.

Do I do it the same way as the SearchingLinks Demo program does,
except for the POS, or is there more new in v4 that I am not
aware of.

How do I get IBO to automatically pull in the right rows and
to allow scrolling backwards and forwards?

Thanks
Michael L. Horne

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Wharton [mailto:jwharton@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 11:55 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] IBO4 - OrderingLinks and POS

Yes, that is correct.

ITEM is the same as just putting the number there without anything.

IOW. These entries are equivalent:

MYCOL=1
MYCOL=ITEM=1

The presence of the POS attribute required that the item no be separated as
its own item.

MYCOL=ITEM=1;POS=0

the POS number tells the character position number where refinement should
begin.
0 is the default and simple refines at all numbers of characters.

Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com