Subject Re: [IBO] DBTreeView
Author Chuck Belanger
Dion:

Kind of went round and round on this one.

My main goals were a TreeView which could load from a IB table using TDataset components, a fairly large table (~40,000 records),
the ability to load quickly, the ability to multi-select and multi-drag and drop.

The closest thing I've found that almost does everything (Woll2Woll is working on my test project right now to get everything
working) is the 1stClass fcDBTreeView component.

The only downside to fcDBTreeView is that you can only have one node expanded at a time, which in my use will not be a problem.
Also, right now they do not have the various options as built-in properties like some of the other dbTV components. I've had to
gather this code from the various newsgroups myself. Been a terrific learning project for this IB and Delphi newbie!

Used a number of other dbTVs too, but for the most part they could not handle the 40,000 records well at all (either extremely slow
or just locked up).

Best,

Chuck Belanger, L.Ac.
(Licensed Acupuncturist)