Subject Re: [IBO] Interesting!
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:17 AM 08-09-01 +0200, you wrote:
>Is it possible to define KeyLink/KeySource pairs in order to cut down on the
>no. of TIB_Query's necessary to do lookups(ie share one amongst, maybe, 3 or
>so).
>
>Thanks,
>Dion

If I understand your question correctly, then no, not for data-bound lookups.

Say, for example, you have a table Towns. You have a parent dataset that wants to look up this table for three columns, e.g. DepartureTown, DestinationTown, HomeTown. You will need three lookup datasets over the same table, because each lookup table must be able to scroll independently for the column to which it is linked.

Helen

All for Open and Open for All