Subject RE: [IBO] Generators and row selections
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:16 AM 07-08-01 +0200, you wrote:
>I found that implicitly calling TIB_Query's Refresh method, the cursor moves
>to the first record in the dataset. This makes sense I guess (I seem to
>remember that this is the way the BDE VCL worked).

That means you have your RefreshAction set to raOpen.

>I should probably use
>bookmarks to enable the implicit refresh of a dataset to keep the last
>selected record.

raKeepDataPos creates a bookmark of the keys of the new row so that, on refresh (when it gets the keys from the server) it just matches up the bookmark and finds the new row.

raKeepRowNum does what you described originally - keeps a bookmark of the cursor position BEFORE the insert occurred and repositions there.

regards,
Helen