Subject Re: [IBO] Problems porting app from 3.6Cf to 4.0 GOLD A
Author gjuncu@compas.dntcj.ro
Hi Jason,

I investigate the Company sample, as you suggested, an it works ok as
is, but I have found the case when it fails. I still use my example,
since it is more simple than "Company":

If Clients_Qry from my sample is without JOINS, everything works ok:
---Begin SQL--------------
select * from CLIENTS
---End SQL----------------

If Clients_Qry is as in COMPANY sample:
---Begin SQL--------------
select
CLIENTS.*,
(select
COUNTRIES.NAME
from
COUNTRIES
where
COUNTRIES.ID = CLIENTS.COUNTRY_ID
) as COUNTRY_NAME,
(select
CITIES.NAME
from
CITIES
where
CITIES.ID = CLIENTS.CITY_ID
) as CITY_NAME
from
CLIENTS
---End SQL----------------

everything is OK.

But for

---Begin SQL--------------
select
CLIENTS.*,
CONTRIES.NAME COUNTRY_NAME,
CITIES.NAME CITY_NAME
from
CLIENTS left join COUNTRIES
on CLIENTS.COUNTRY_ID = CONTRIES.ID
left join CITIES
on CLIENTS.CITY_ID = CITIES.ID
---End SQL----------------

or

---Begin SQL--------------
select
CLIENTS.*,
CONTRIES.NAME COUNTRY_NAME,
CITIES.NAME CITY_NAME
from
CLIENTS,
COUNTRIES,
CLIENTS
where
CLIENTS.COUNTRY_ID = CONTRIES.ID and
CLIENTS.CITY_ID = CITIES.ID

it doesn't work and I get the error explained in my previous message.

HTH,
Gabriel