Subject Re: [IBO] newbie needs advice
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:37 PM 26-06-01 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I've got a problem. This is kinda general like my last question. I'm
>sure it's a normal circumstance that any C/S guy knows how to tackle,
>but I don't.

Maybe a C/S gal can ask a few questions...

>I have "attendance" and "attandance_details" tables. they look like
>this (FK for foreign key)
>
>Attendance : attendance_id, FK contract_id, month, notes
>
>Attendance detail : FK attendance_id, FK student_id, hours
>
>Theres also a student_contract_link table so that with the right join
>I can fetch the students needed to generate the "attendance detail"
>rows (one per a student).

First off, I can't quite sort out these relationships. Do you have separate tables for Students and Contracts? The two foreign keys would suggest that you do...and can one student have multiple contracts? You mentioned that you have a student_contract_link table.

Could you please show us the structures of these three other tables?

Cheers,
Helen

All for Open and Open for All