Subject RE: [IBO] Data module question
Author Christian Kaas
Just use that Datamodule in your form and write an event handler on the form which you manually assign to the Data Module Query's BeforeInsert Event:

procedure TForm1.BeforeInsertEvent(IB_Dataset: TIB_Dataset);
begin

end;

and in your OnformCreate:

begin
yourDataModule.YourIB_Query.OnBeforeInsert := BeforeInsertEvent;
end;

bst practice in OnDestroy of your Form:

begin
yourDataModule.YourIB_Query.OnBeforeInsert := nil;
end;