Subject Re: [IBO] Volume Data Adding
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:35 PM 11-06-01 +0100, you wrote:
>Helen Borrie wrote:
> >

> > Is the dsql connected to the transaction?
>
>Yes. However, I actually have 29 dsql's, I was assuming that I only
>needed one transaction. Is this right or do I need a transaction for
>each (like a datasourse for each "standard" query)?

Well, the IB_Transaction is just a container for all the stuff that pertains to a transaction. Each time you hard-commit a transaction, the actual handle that was associated with it is gone. Next time you start it, it's a whole new transaction.

So you only **need** enough transaction **components** to have all the concurrent tasks covered. If you are running these dsqls one after another, just attach them all to the same ib_transaction, like a receiving line at a Royal garden party without the flowery hats.

--H

All for Open and Open for All