Subject RE: [IBO] Field position
Author Nico Callewaert
Claudio,

I added 2 fields later to a table (financial fields), and there were
already some financial fields at the beginning of the table, so I've put
them together, otherwise it looks messy. Most of the time, I never do a
SELECT *, just the fields I really need to be transferred to the client....

Thanks, greetings,

Nico
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Claudio Valderrama C. [mailto:cvalde@...]
Verzonden: vrijdag 18 mei 2001 2:20
Aan: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Onderwerp: RE: [IBO] Field position

Nico, why do you want to swap a field's position? Do you really want to
have
SELECT * FROM <table>
and get the new ordering?

Anyway, let me say that there's a mismatch between what docos say and what
IB does: this command is the only one that uses ZERO-BASED column
positions.
To be in sync with SQL, this position should be ONE-based. It was
discovered
by a person that maybe is in this list.

C.