Subject Re: [IBO] Indicating 'grid with search criteria'
Author Andreas Pohl
This approach will fail if you use IBO great focus feature. If so I would
suggest to hook into IB_BarsXXX.OnButtonsStateChange event.

// This is for app wide TIB_UdateBar
procedure TMainForm.IB_UBButtonsStateChanged(Sender: TObject);
begin
// I use a panel right beside IB_UpdateBar, because if user change active
window, update bar's
// focus often reminds on deactivated one (if active control is not an IBO
one) ,
// so user action is taken "invisible" :(
ubPanel.Caption:='';ubPanel.Hint:='';
// special rountine to show a user readable table name
if MDIChildCount>0 then
ubPanel.Caption:=TableName(ActiveMDIChild,ib_ub.DataSource);
if (IB_UB.DataSource<>nil) then
if (IB_UB.DataSource.Dataset<>nil) then begin
if (IB_UB.DataSource.DataSet.Active) then begin
// this function proceeds following
// IB_UB.DataSource.Dataset.WriteSearch()
// parse "real" fieldname from search criteria
// go through all IBO components to find DisplayLabel instead of
"CTL.xxx" stuff
// returns result, e.g. "Name = *A*"
// I often use this for reports, too, to insert search criterias in
report header
ubPanel.Hint:=BriefSearchCriteria(ActiveMDIChild,IB_UB.DataSource);
end;
if IB_UB.DataSource.Dataset.State=dssSearch then
// ...

HTH.

Mit freundlichem Gruss & Best Regards

Andreas Pohl