Subject Re: [IBO] gds32 Access Violation
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:34 AM 09-05-01 +0200, you wrote:
>I'm trying to find out what makes this AV occasionally appear in my application, but till now I know for sure
>that when I use only auto commiting transcations it will never show...
>I don't know what to do, please somebody help me..
>Tested configurations: Windows 95/98/2000 + Delphi 4 + IBO 3.6D server IB6.01 running on RedHat 7
>gds32.dll version 6.0.0.627

Is it possible that you are trying to commit (or rollback) an unhandled transaction?

If you use explicit transaction control (i.e. autocommit is false) you'll need to test for InTransaction before preparing your statement and, if necessary, call StartTransaction. This causes the client to obtain a handle for the transaction.

Try monitoring the calls with an IB_Monitor...

Helen

All for Open and Open for All