Subject Re: [IBO] TIBOBCDFields and TIBOFloatFields
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:54 PM 08-05-01 -0700, Jason wrote:
>You can add in the TIB_Connection (or TIBODatabase) ColumnAttributes
>property the NOBCD attribute which will cause it to use the float field
>instead of the BCD field.
>

>Why are BCD columns so awful to deal with?
>Why are they so hard to get working?

Is it related to the fact that, under the BDE, you have to explicitly set the driver to handle BCD fields...just a thought...I haven't consulted the TDataset source code to see what it does when this flag is passed to it from the driver...and maybe it's irrelevant anyway, now that the numerics are all (18,*).

H.

All for Open and Open for All