Subject Re: [IBO] Current record refresh in TIBOQuery
Author bdunstan@medisys.com.au
Geoff,

--- In IBObjects@y..., "Geoff Worboys" <geoff@t...> wrote:
> > Any help or tips will be much appreciated,
>
> Have you checked the BufferSynchroFlags of the query? I thought
they
> operated as you require.

BufferSynchroFlags allow for after edit refresh, but this dataset is
always in browse state. The editing is done in a different dataset.

> If that does not do what you want perhaps you can solve the problem
by
> using two datasets querying the same table. One being the master
> dataset that has the specified search critieria, the second setup as
> the detail (one-to-one since it is the same table) that is used for
> editing. That way you can refresh the detail dataset without
> refreshing the master - and since the linkage would be just the
> primary key your record should still appear.

Sounds like an interesting idea, but I don't know how to implement
it. In this case the master would be a set of records, just the keys
I suppose, and the detail dataset would have the same records with
all the required fields. But the detail dataset is connected to a
grid and must be scrollable. I don't know how that can be done.

> HTH

Thanks Geoff.

When I look at what is happening during the refresh with SQL Monitor,
I see that the fetch is being done with the KeyLink as an additional
field in the WHERE clause. What it needs to do is fetch using the
LeyLink and the JOIN but without the filter part of the statement. I
was wondering if JoinLinks plays a part here?

Thanks,

Brian