Subject Re[2]: [IBO] Unresolved external
Author Pascal Amesland
Hello Geoff,

Saturday, April 28, 2001, 3:22:07 PM, you wrote:

>> [Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall
>> Ib_components::TIB_ConnectionLink::SetIB_Connection
>> (Ib_components::TIB_Connection *)'

GW> I cannot think of any reason why this should be happening but
GW> perhaps...

GW> I notice that the BCB projects allow many of the source units to be
GW> implicitly imported - that is; if the the unit is used but not
GW> available from another package then it will be included in the package
GW> being built. BCB (v4 at least, I have not used BCB5) does not give
GW> any warning messages about implicitly included units. (Delphi does.)

GW> What I do is have a single unit called IBO.pas which contains...

GW> - - - - - - - - -
GW> unit IBO;

GW> interface
GW> {$INCLUDE IB_Directives.inc}

GW> implementation

GW> uses
GW> IB_Editors,
GW> <etc - copied from IBO_D5.dpk>;
GW> - - - - - - - - -

GW> I then include this single unit in my BCB package. I also use the
GW> same single unit when compiling the Delphi package - but Delphi gives
GW> me lots of warnings about implicitly included units. This allows me
GW> to keep a single file that includes all units required, and the unit
GW> can be easily synchronised by just copying the unit names from the
GW> IBO_D5 package source.

GW> The reason for explaining this is, perhap you could try setting up
GW> such a unit (that uses all the same units specified in IBO_D5) and see
GW> if that clears your problem. If so, then perhaps we can setup all the
GW> IBO BCB packages to operate off a single unit in this manner.

GW> HTH

GW> Geoff Worboys
GW> Telesis Computing

I tried your solution without success, but i am not sure i made it
right.

I have added all the files wich were required by the compiler, and
finally got the BPL...
( i had to add the missing ressource in ib_updatebar.res too ).

if someone wants my ibo_c5.bpk, just ask me and i'll mail it.

--
Best regards,
Pascal mailto:p.amesland@...