Subject Re: [IBO] Crash
Author Paul Schmidt
Mikko:

On 11 Apr 2001, at 5:05, mikko.nieminen@... wrote:

> I'm having problem with database application. Sometimes due bad ISDN
> connection an application loses database connection or sometimes
> database "abnormally terminate..." as you propably already know.
>
> And guardian will put it back online quickly. My question is how
> can i restore connection properly ie. enduser should not really know
> what had happen. The real prolem lies on Citrix metaframe servers
> database server crash leaves "ghost" (several) process on server which
> could use more 80% processor time. These processes have reset allways
> manually after crash. Technical support dont't like me those days very
> match

The problem isn't Citrix getting ghost processes, but I don't think
you realise how rare DB server crashes really are, some people go
their entire careers without seeing a production server crash. They
only take the production server down to upgrade it, and that is after
thorough regression testing on a test server. You need to figure out
why the server is crashing, check it's log and see if there are clues
there. iAlso check the o/s logs to see if there are clues there, as
to what is causing the IB server to fail.

As for ISDN call your ISDN supplier, and ask them to help you resolve
the connection problems, they can run tests on the lines and their
equipment to make sure everything is working on their end.

Paul