Subject Re: [IBO] TIB_Query.ColumnAttributes -->MyComputedColumn=computed
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:02 PM 06-04-01 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a computed by column in a IB table.
>In TIB_Query.ColumnAttributes I can setup
>"MyComputedColumn"=computed.
>
>I really dont see a difference, when I set
>or not set this computed attribute.
>
>Anyone knows for what it was intended ?

It's not intended for columns that exist in the database (such as a COMPUTED BY column or any regular column) - it is for non-database columns that are computed by a query, i.e expressions and subselects that output as if they were columns...also for CalculatedFields. Its purpose is to tell the parser not to try to match it to a database column for e.g. a WHERE criterion.

hth
Helen