Subject RE: [IBO] IB_WISQL problem (maybe) - the code
Author Kevin Stanton
What I usually do is write the SP in increments. You might start commenting
out code as well to isolate.
I have even run into the max statements a SP handle and had to break out one
SP into two.
FWIW,
Kevin
-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Little [mailto:paul.little@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 9:06 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] IB_WISQL problem (maybe) - the code

Helen Borrie wrote:

> > > update fifthpercentile set DEPRECIATION = (select sum(DEPRECIATION)
> > > from incomestatement
> > > where
> > > incomestatement.prd = :curpnum)*0.05 ) <-- missing right bracket
> > > where period = :curpnum;
> >
> >That's an odd number of right brackets, should there also be a
> >corresponding left bracket e.g.
> >
> >update fifthpercentile set DEPRECIATION = ((select sum(DEPRECIATION)
> >from incomestatement
> > where
incomesattement.prd
> >= :curpnum)*0.05)
> >where period = :curpnum
>
> Correct. You must isolate the where clause of the subselect from the
where clause of the update statement.

Anyway, tried it and got the same result.

The thing is, when I try this command interractively it works fine
(there seem to have been a number of postings recently with this type of
problem).

I guess it's time for the fine toothed comb
mutter mutter grumble

Paul

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Click Here to Find Software Faster