Subject RE: [IBO] Newbie
Author Claudio Valderrama C.

The thing that appears as QueryForm in IB_WISQL and that's the same editor
for TIB_Query when you double click it, is not a data dictionary. It's the
visual editor for TIB_Query (also, can be invoked for TIBOQuery) and serves
as a developer's tool in IB_WISQL.
If you put information in the TIB_Query properties, all native IBO data
controls connected to such TIB_Query through TIB_Datasets will honor them,
unless you override those properties in the data controls (some of those
properties can be overridden in the TIB_Grid, for example).
If your settings are global, there are a lot of them that you can put at
the TIB_Connection level. So, if you declare that a field named GUILLE is
globally readOnly (putting it in the FieldsReadOnly property of
TIB_Connection), every dataset (TIB_Query) using a field with that name will
make such field ReadOnly, unless you change the setting in the
FieldsReadOnly property of the TIB_Query itself.

C.