Subject RE: [IBO] Transaction question
Author Nico Callewaert
Geoff,

I'm using tiCommitted. So, if I understand you well, multiple users
can read records, while 1 user is updating.

Many thanks for your fast reply,

Nico Callewaert
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Geoff Worboys [mailto:geoff@...]
Verzonden: vrijdag 23 maart 2001 9:04
Aan: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Onderwerp: Re: [IBO] Transaction question

> My question now is, could a DEADLOCK appear in such a situation,
> when a user is only READING information from a readonly
> transaction ?

Not from that user. But presumably your system will support multiple
users, in which case a deadlock can still occur when updates from
multiple users conflict.

Oh, actually it can appear. If you use Isolation=tiConsistency on
either transaction you effectively prevent updates to all records that
it reads. For this reason Isolation=tiConsistency is not recommended
unless this is exactly what you want to happen.

HTH

Geoff Worboys
Telesis Computing

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor