Subject Re: [IBO] ib_query ignores my data!
Author David Trudgett
At 2001-03-23 10:56 +1100, "Geoff Worboys" <geoff@...>
wrote:

> > How many specific examples of where spaces are important need
> > to be pointed out?
>
>Just enough to prove that spaces are significant in the majority of
>applications and the majority of fields in those applications.
>
>Please remember we are talking about development defaults here, not
>something that cannot be changed by the developer to suit the specific
>application.

I think most of your comments are right. I also think that the _point_ at
which default right trimming should or shouldn't occur is as much an issue.
IB_Query et al don't handle user input, so why should they filter or
validate it? Answer: to protect inexperienced or rushed developers from
themselves. That may be valid.

David Trudgett