Subject RE: [IBO] Speed question
Author Claudio Valderrama C.

I doubt a normal user is able to read 350.000 rows in a grid. Probably you
will have a WHERE clause to filter. The difference would be between
RequestLive being True or False. With True, it maps to the FOR UPDATE clause
and then IB sends one record at a time. Without it, IB will try to put more
than one record in a packet. This was an unfortunate decision that probably
has to be reverted in the future. A "live" request doesn't have to cause
this performance hit.

C.