Subject RE: [IBO] Strange Data in my inserts
Author Colin Fraser
Just an update...

I have found that a test program written at home and run with an older
version of IBO and against IB 6 performs differently... the server reports
that a non null field is null... this is the behaviour that you expected...

It is different to what happens here at work, and different to the way the
BDE handles it... in the mean time I have changed the program to issue SQL
insert and update statements directly... when I have time I shall try and
see why my (and also another college's) set-up fails to perform in the same
way as my home machine and the way that you mentioned it should!

Thanks for your help! When I get to the bottom of it, I shall let you know.
:-)

Regards

Colin

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Worboys [mailto:geoff@...]
Sent: Friday, 16 March 2001 5:02 pm
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] Strange Data in my inserts

Colin,

> Get server defaults is already set to False

I am just about out of ideas :-(

I think we are down to...

Completely clear out and then reinstall the IBO package, being sure
that no old source or dcu files are left around where they may be
picked up by the rebuild. (Just wondering if there may be a mismatch
of source files somewhere that is causing this.)

If you have already done this then I think we are left with having you
write a small demonstration of the problem sending it to me.

Geoff Worboys
Telesis Computing