Subject Re: [IBO] Big Batch...
Author Admin
Jason -

All that I can tell you from the minimal depth that I understand this
from is that the DSQL component didn't get the job done any faster than
a TIBOQuery, TIBOTable etc. I'm trying to find a strategy to make this
fast. 14,300+ is a big number, but the actual quantity of data is small
- one column of 9 characters in a CHAR column in a dialect 1 database.

There ought to be a way on the database side to make this extremely
fast. However, the data originates on the internet, where I download
csv's from. Then my delphi code parses out the symbol data into
TStringLists, and from there it goes into the database.

I noticed that when I did this with a Paradox table it was many times
faster. Perhaps that's the best approach...

Thanks again.

David Keith

Jason Wharton wrote:

> No, you should not use stringlists like that. Unless it is just one row at a
> time that is.
>
> The most important difference between a buffered dataset and the TIB_DSQL
> component is that you are not buffering up the records as you send them to
> the server. Therefore you are using much less memory. To buffer inserts as
> they are happening is unwise in most all cases.
>
> HTH,
> Jason Wharton
> CPS - Mesa AZ
> http://www.ibobjects.com

Please review the attached resume and skills narrative in consideration
for the position of , and contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

David Keith