Subject Re: [IBO] KeyLinks/JoinLinks and RequestLive
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:10 AM 13-03-01 +0000, you wrote:

>I've tried this and everytime I try to edit the fields through data
>aware controls I get the message 'Cannot edit current row'.
>
>The SQL of my IBOQuery reads
>
>SELECT R.RUNCODE /*pk for runs*/
> , R.ACCOUNTCODE
> , E.CODE /*pk for events*/
> , E.DATETIME
> , E.TITLE
> , E.PRICE
>FROM RUNS R
>JOIN EVENTS E ON R.RUNCODE=E.RUNCODE
>
>KeyLinks=RUNS.RUNCODE
> EVENTS.CODE
>
>KeyRelation=EVENTS
>
>RequestLive=TRUE
>
>What am I doing wrong?

Keylinks refer to the **dataset** not the underlying table...so

RUNCODE
CODE

>Also is it possible to assign two seperate UPDATE SQL statements in
>EditSQL so that I can update both the RUNS and EVENTS table.

Not directly. You can only submit one statement. However, if you write a stored procedure to do the update, that's fine - you can make your EditSQL statement a parameterized call to execute the procedure. Will you need such custom SQL for deletes and inserts also?

Cheers,
Helen

All for Open and Open for All