Subject Re: [IBO] Using IP Address for Server Name
Author Dietrich Schulten
Hi,

"Paul Irwin" <paul@...> schrieb:

> Is it possible to use an IP address in place of the server name? I
havent'
> been able to do it. If it is possible, what do I have to do to make it
> work?

The client always tries to have the underlying TCP/IP stack resolve the
host name, it doesn't recognize it's already an address. Putting in an IP
address will only work if the system is able to return the IP address for
an IP address which works in some environments and fails in others.

->Provide proper name resolution with HOSTS or DNS.

Dietrich