Subject RE: [IBO] Incremental searching on descending OrderingItems does not work
Author Michael L. Horne
Hello

There is some files in my DB that the users need to look at in
descending order, (most recent records first). They almost never
want to look at the data in ascending order.

Changing the value to negative doesn't solve the problem when
there are multiple columns to sort on.

Consider:
1. Grid opens with negative OrderingItemNo
2. User clicks on Column 2, Grid now in Positive order
3. User clicks on Column 2 again, to change to descending
4. User clicks on Column 1, Grid now in Positive order
5. User clicks on Column 1 again, to change to descending

As you can see, after the initial display having the negative
OrderingItemNo doesn't solve the problem of needing to
display the data in descending order normally.

Michael L. Horne