Subject RE: [IBO] Prepare Question
Author Michael L. Horne
Hello

If you don't have to actually do some work on the data for
your calculated field you may be able to use a singleton
select to get your field,

select a.bd_id, a.bd_part, a.bd_qty,
(select b.BM_Descr from BatchM b
where (a.bd_bm_id = b.BM_ID)) as BM_Descr
from BatchD a
where a.bd_bm_id = 8791

Or you might be able to get it with a "Left Join"

Good Luck
Michael L. Horne