Subject Re: [IBO] Blob alteration within a stored procedure
Author Luiz Alves
Jay,

FreeUdfLib sources files for windows have this function in unit BlobFncs
declared as
function StrBlob(sz: PChar; Blob: PBlob): PBlob; cdecl; export;

There are also the next functions in ext_funcs.sql file:

declare external function f_BlobMaxSegmentLength
blob
returns integer by value
entry_point 'BlobMaxSegmentLength' module_name 'FreeUDFLib.dll';

declare external function f_BlobSegmentCount
blob
returns integer by value
entry_point 'BlobSegmentCount' module_name 'FreeUDFLib.dll';

declare external function f_BlobSize
blob
returns integer by value
entry_point 'BlobSize' module_name 'FreeUDFLib.dll';

declare external function f_BlobAsPChar
blob
returns cstring(1024) /* free_it */ /* or 32000 or whatever... */
entry_point 'BlobAsPChar' module_name 'FreeUDFLib.dll';

declare external function f_BlobLeft
blob, integer
returns cstring(1024) /* free_it */
entry_point 'BlobLeft' module_name 'FreeUDFLib.dll';

declare external function f_BlobLine
blob, integer
returns cstring(1024) /* free_it */
entry_point 'BlobLine' module_name 'FreeUDFLib.dll';

declare external function f_BlobMid
blob, integer, integer
returns cstring(1024) /* free_it */
entry_point 'BlobMid' module_name 'FreeUDFLib.dll';

declare external function f_BlobRight
blob, integer
returns cstring(1024) /* free_it */
entry_point 'BlobRight' module_name 'FreeUDFLib.dll';

declare external function f_StrBlob
cstring(254),
blob
returns parameter 2
entry_point 'StrBlob' module_name 'FreeUDFLib.dll';

Maybe you can declare these functions in linux changing 'FreeUDFLib.dll'
with
'FreeUDFLibC' if it was compiled with this functions.

Luiz.