Subject Re: [IBO] Uploading a table
Author Svein Erling Tysvær
>Could someone explain this difference ? Thanks
No, I'll leave that for Helen ;=)

But why do you use a TIBOQuery for inserts? Use a TIB_DSQL and code
something like this:

with <YourInsertDSQL> do try
BeginBusy (false); //or True if you use Application.ProcessMessages within
//this try/finally block
if not Prepared then Prepare;
repeat
readln(<YourTextFile>);
ParamByName('Item1').AsInteger:=<whateveryouwant>; //or Params[0] if you
//prefer
Execute;
until eof(<YourTextFile>);
finally
<YourTransaction>.Commit; //You better use an explicit Transaction for this
//insert and have AutoCommit set to false!
//(isolation tiCommitted recommended)
EndBusy;
end;

You should be able to do this kind of insert in much less than a minute -
it would surprise me if you didn't get below 10 seconds.

Set