Subject RE: [IBO] GeneratorLinks in 5,000,000 words or less
Author Paul Schmidt
Michael:

On 7 Feb 2001, at 16:11, Michael L. Horne wrote:

To: <IBObjects@yahoogroups.com>
From: "Michael L. Horne" <guardian@...>
Date sent: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 16:11:42 -0500
Send reply to: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [IBO] GeneratorLinks in 5,000,000 words or less

> Hello Paul
>
> GeneratorLinks is to allow IBO to go ahead and get the
> ID of the record before the actual insert. This allows
> it to pass it along to Detail tables that could be connected
> and other things. You don't have to use it for positioning,
> I think you are talking about keylinks.

So, does GeneratorLinks work with the trigger, or replace the
trigger? My real question, is if I use GeneratorLinks on a table
that has the trigger firing, will I end up with the values
1,2,3,4,5...
or the values 2,4,6,8,10... or 1,3,5,7,9...

I really want the values 1,2,3,4,5 and I want the trigger to fire,
because if I add a record using another environment like Perl, then I
want those records to interleave the records added from IBO. So I
can end up with this:

1,2,3 added via IBO (3 records added)
4 added via Perl (1 record added)
5,6 added via IBO (2 records added)