Subject RE: [IBO] IB_Grid and column order
Author Kaputnik
Yes....and even pretty simple....

Remember that all such visual settings are based in the IB_Dataset, and most
of them are Stringlists.
So you won't examine the Grid, but the underlying Query....

I am using a RX-FormStorage tho store the following lists to the registry in
hkey-current-user:
FieldsDisplyWidth if the user has its own preferences regarding the
column.sizes
FieldsIndex for what you asked for and
FieldsVisible to achieve a field-chooser like outlook or other sorts of crap
have to offer the user....
OrderingItemNo also....

Just a tip for future working...
Go into the query-editor, and open the dataset...in the result-grid, play
around with ordering, column-resizing and column-dragging and the go to the
FieldProperties tab and look, what new entries there are....
You see, IBO has a true bi-directional communication between the controls
and the datasets...

CU, Kaputnik
(Nick Josipovic)

nick@... <mailto:nick@...>