Subject RE: [IBO] OT: Help files help
Author Sjoerd Kusters
Hi,

Why don't we use a different Business Model?

Remember a while ago where Stephen King? let people download the first 4
chapters of his new book, and only published the next cheapters if at least
x% (60 or so?) paid for it.

Put some material together: let people download it against for payment1, use
that money to generate material B, let people download that for payment2,
etc.

No publisher needed.

Just a thought.

-Sjoerd Kusters

-----Original Message-----
From:
sentto-402930-3463-981541148-sjoerd=totalweb.nl@...
[mailto:sentto-402930-3463-981541148-sjoerd=totalweb.nl@....
com]On Behalf Of lester@...
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 11:20 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] OT: Help files help

> I've come to the conclusion that, unless the project
> can find sponsorship from within the IB community (or I win a lottery),
> it's a lost cause. There, I said it.

Presumably there is a lot of material in electronic format already?

( I must get round to getting a copy of Getting Started - my credit card
should be usable tomorrow! )

Can't you make what is available, accessable on a 'pay per view' basis,
or even better, as a subscription that funds future additional articals.
I may get ****** off paying Microsoft £400 per year for their crap. I
don't even want .NET as my customers will always be secure networks, but
a modest fee for an evolving knowledge base?

Include thinks like Jason's masterclass notes and some good SQL stuff
and that should be viable.

Anybody else think the same?

--
Lester Caine