Subject RE: [IBO] Primary Key->AutoInc Trigger Chicken & the Egg problem.
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:19 PM 05-02-01 -0600, you wrote:
>Opps, I spoke too soon. I am still receiving the message from the Dataset's
>Post method that the CUST_NO field must have a value. Again, is there anyway
>to eliminate this message without having to manually assign it in a
>BeforePost method?
>
>Thanks again!
>Kevin

Try this:

1. Use the Delphi fields editor to instantiate the field object.
2. Click the SQL Editor.. property in the property editor - this will
display a stripped-down version of the fields editor for the InternalDataset.
3. Go to the ColumnAttributes page, click the Prepare button and select
the field from the column list.
4. Set the REQUIRED attribute to False.

Helen

All for Open and Open for All