Subject Re: [IBO] Installer for IBO
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:00 AM 05-02-01 -0600, you wrote:
>To explain myself:
>
>The installer model that i got my idea from is the IBX's one. I know
>IBX has a lot of problems and everything but I think the installer
>does a pretty good job (well....almost! it doesn't look if the Delphi
>service pack is already installed).

IBX installs in *one* version of Delphi and with extreme difficulty in
*one* version of CPPB.

The "problem" you notice with the service component is "by design". If the
installation program can't detect the IB6 client, it won't install the
service components, since there is no Services API in prior versions of IB.

IBO needs to be installable in all versions of Delphi except 16-bit; and
in three versions of CPPB. Some versions of Infopower need the IBOww pack,
some don't. I don't want Infopower support at all; and I don't want any
of AddOn components that I don't need. I want to install IBO in three
versions of Delphi.

Give me the option of installing the specific dpk's I want, any day.

Helen